- 4 cups peeled and sliced peaches
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- I cup milk
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt stick of butter in oven proof casserole dish in oven while making pie ingredients.
- Pour lemon juice over the peaches. Stir to coat. Pour 1/2 cup sugar over peaches. Stir. Heat in microwave for 1 minute so that sugar begins to melt.
- Mix together 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, and cinnamon until blended. Pour in 1 cup milk and mix until blended.
- After butter is melted, take casserole out of oven and pour batter on top of melted butter. Pour peaches on top of batter. DO NOT STIR! Sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar over pie. Place in 350 oven and cook for 55 minutes or until golden.
Easy Day Cobbler - If you don't have fresh peaches or just want an easier way to do this, substitute the following for the fresh peaches:
- 1 can sliced peaches in syrup (29 oz)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
You will not need to add the 1/2 cup sugar to the canned peaches.